Man Recovers From Hot Pepper that Hospitalized Him


A man is back to normal after one of the world's hottest peppers sent him to the hospital.  The unidentified 34-year-old ate a Carolina Reaper in New York and immediately started dry heaving and feeling pain.  The pepper is hotter by far than something like a jalapeno.  Within days, he was falling victim to massive crippling headaches and checked himself into the emergency room.  The man was suffering from reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome --  meaning the blood vessels in his brain were constricting.  It's the first time the condition has been linked to a hot pepper.  The case study was published in "BMJ Case Reports."