EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
Macaron Day (Multiple Locations)
What: Macaron Day is a chance for macaron lovers to taste delectable French macarons from
various bakeries while also supporting a local charity. Just mention Macaron Day and you'll
receive a complimentary macaron at participating locations, while supplies last. Be sure to block
several hours and see how many bakeries you can visit in a single day! Macaron Day Cincinnati
was first held in 2015 with 8 participating bakeries. 11 bakeries across Greater Cincinnati are
participating in 2018, with each bakery donating a portion of proceeds from the day to the
Where + Participating Bakeries:
Gaslight Gourmet Cookies
Macaron Bar (OTR and Hyde Park)
Sweet Petit Desserts
Nordstrom eBar (located in Kenwood Towne Center)
Taste of Belgium (multiple locations)
Tres Belle Cakes and Coffee Shop
Dates: All Day Saturday, March 24th
Egg Hunt (OTR)
What: Over-the-Rhine's biggest egg hunt returns to Washington Park featuring:
* 10,000 candy-filled eggs
* Face painting
* Photos with Mr. Bunny
* Free Activity from Happen, Inc.
* Animals to pet from Sunrock Farm
* Games and inflatables
Participants may select one heat to participate in, limit 6 eggs per child.
Egg Hunt Schedule:
11a: ages 3-6
12p: ages 7-10
1p: ages 3-6
2p: ages 7-10
* Participants must bring their own baskets *
Where: Washington Park
Dates: Saturday, March 24th 10am - 3pm
MORTAR’s mission: “Our mission is to enable under-served entrepreneurs and businesses to
succeed; creating opportunities to build communities through entrepreneurship”
Bands and Brews Benefitting Children’s Hospital with Scott Covrett Performing (OTR)
What: Taft's Ale House is proud to be officially partnering with Cincinnati Children's Hospital
Medical Center for our Bands & Brews series II. Much like our last music series, we will be
bringing live bands in to perform at the Ale House Friday nights BUT this time for every beer
bought starting at 8 p.m. we will DONATE $1 to the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Greatest
Where: Taft’s Ale House
Dates: Friday, March 23rd 8pm
HOT NEW BIZZES - BOOKMARK THESE ON THE
YELP MOBILE APP:
Boomtown Biscuit Bar & Whiskey (Pendleton)
- Boomtown has a contemporary take on classic American food, serving up whiskey and
- OH MY GOD THESE BISCUITS. They were warm, soft, buttery, crumbly, and absolutely
amazing. Yelpers can’t stop raving about how well they executed this classic dish.
- Menu items include: sammies, plates, bowls, sundries and sweets.
- Yukon Sammie - Fried Chicken, Sawmill Gravy, Smoked Cheddar, Bacon
- Gold Shoes Plates - 2 Biscuits and a Flight of Gravies- Your Choice of Three Gravies
(Sawmill, Mushroom, Serrano, or Prospector)
- Uncle Pete’s Grits Bowl - Bowl of Smoked Cheddar Grits, Poached Egg, Ham & Peppers
- Don’t forget to pair a cocktail or some whiskey to complete the meal!
- A new BBQ spot has hit Pendleton and they have pulled pork, brisket, rib tips, chicken
wings and more.
- Pick your meat, choose those sauces and don't forget a side. May we make a
suggestion at snaggin that mac n’ cheese waffle?
- Not only does this spot has a solid beer and liquor selection but they have BOOZY
CityBird Tenders (OTR)
- ALL NATURAL, MADE TO ORDER chicken tenders with CRAFT SAUCES concept from
the owners of The Eagle.
- They start with cage free, free roaming, all natural chicken that is brined, dredged, then
dropped into custom-built fryers. Then you get a little kick with their house made sauces.
- Small menu concept - 4, 6, 8 and 10 tender meals available served with fries and sauces
(City Sauce, Lemon Thyme Ranch, Green Chile Hot, Hot Honey and Honey Dijon)
- They have sammies and salads too. Sammies include Citybird (Tenders, City Slaw, City
Sauce, pickles, toasted potato bun), Lemon Thyme (Tenders, shredded iceberg, lemon
thyme ranch, pickles, toasted potato bun) and Spicy (Smoky tenders, Green Goddess
Slaw, sriracha mayo, toasted potato bun)
Tokyo Kitty (Downtown)
- Inspired by Sofia Coppola's 2003 film Lost in Translation, Tokyo Kitty is the slice of Japan
you didn't realize you needed!
- JAPANESE TIKI COCKTAILS, FREE MAIN STAGE KARAOKE, HOUSE DJ, 7
UNIQUELY THEMED PRIVATE KARAOKE ROOMS, IN-ROOM ROBOT DRINK
DELIVERY and ASIAN-INSPIRED BOTTLE SERVICE
- Did you see that bit about a robot drink delivery? Yep - THE DRINKS DESCEND FROM
THE CEILING. Hands down the most futuristic thing you’ll ever see. The drinks are
moderately priced and super delicious. You can also order pizza from MidiCi, which is right
- Nervous to perform in-front of strangers? Grab a group of friends and reserve a Karaoke
room for your next night out! PRO TIP: Reserve online for a private room before you go, you
won’t probably won’t get in without reservations
Agave and Rye (Covington)
- An “epic” tequila and taco bar has made its way to the Cov.
- We’re talking tacos like “The Rima D” with blackstrap molasses barbacoa brisket,
shoestring fries and rattlesnake sauce.
- That didn’t get cha? How about “The Big Thumper” with coffee & peppercorn kangaroo,
shoestring fries, aged white cheddar, a fried egg and crispy onions.
- PLUS they have tacos for meat eaters, pescatarians and vegetarians on the menu
- Make sure to grab their “Monthly Feature” while you’re their. March is the SWIPE RIGHT
with honey lime grilled chicken, sweet & spicy bacon, aged white cheddar, chile de arbol
salsa and sour cream
Main Street Tavern (Covington)
- Main Street Tavern says they are “upscale bar food with a southern accent” but we’re
looking at is all these INSANE menu items.
- 4 words FRIED PIMENTO CHEESE BALLS - hot and gooey house made pimento
cheese fried golden brown, served with green goddess dressing
- Don’t skip Main Street Tavern for your next brunch either. They have waffles made with
Braxton’s Storm Cream Ale called the “Braxton Double Malt Waffle” and you can get it
Sweet - fresh blueberries, candied pecans, bourbon foam, Savory - chopped bacon,
cucumber benedictine, diced tomatoes or Plain Jane - with butter and syrup
- But they aren’t finished yet just listen to one of their french toast called “The Elvis” -French toast stuffed with bacon, peanut butter, and banana, dusted with powder sugar
and served with maple syrup
Brick Oven Loveland (Loveland)
- A new brick oven pizza spot in Loveland that’s dough is homemade and inspired by the
classic NY recipe.
- Their ‘za is made with their own dough, made in house daily, topped with their house
made pizza sauce, using fresh tomatoes and a provolone mozzarella blend.
- You can choose any of pizza toppings to create your own or one of their speciality pizzas
including a Fuego Honey Chipotle Pizza (honey chipotle BBQ sauce base with chicken,
onion, bacon, jalapeno and cheese topped with spicy relish, a honey drizzle and crushed
- They also have strombolis, hoagies, pastas and sweets. And by sweets we mean “The
Woo S'Mores Pizza” that is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth! Caramel base with
chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers and marshmallows, topped with powdered