CINCO DE MAYO EVENTS
Cinco Latino Festival (Downtown - Fountain Square)
What: 14th Cincy-Cinco Latino Festival 2017 - Enjoy the Best Latin Music, Dance & Food. The sounds of Latin America will fill the air at Cincy-Cinco.
2017 Participating Restaurants:
ANTOJITOS CRIOLLOS: Chicken Kabobs, Pork Chunks, chicken beef/chicken empanadas, Plantains, Rice w/ peas
PANADERIA OAXAQUEÑA: Tortas, Fruits, Tacos, Rice, Beans
THE AREPA PLACE LATIN GRILL: Colombian Arepas
EMPANADAS AQUI: Venezuelan Empanadas
LATIN TASTE GRILL: Elotes, Pazole, Fajitas, Churros.
EMPANADAS CARIBE: Caribbean Empanadas
URBAN VISTRO: Gourmet Tacos (Fish, Carnitas, Chicken), Ceviche
SUNSET ICE CREAM: Tropical flavors of Shaved Ice (Tamarindo, Mango, Berries, etc.)
BAUDRY, LLC: Maracuya-Chocolate Cake, Merengon de Guanabana, Strawberry Cream & Shortbread Cookies
BARCEL TAKIS PRODUCTS
Where: Fountain SquareDates:Friday, May 5th from 7am - 11pm Saturday, May 6th from 11am - 11pm Sunday, May 7th, from 11am - 6pm Cost: FREE ADMISSION
Viva la Frida! (Downtown)
What: VIVA LA FRIDA! Join the Cincinnati Opera Center Stage and the Cincinnati Art Museum in celebrating the life of Frida Kahlo this Cinco de Mayo with a festive evening of Mexican cuisine from local restaurants, music and dancing!Where: Cincinnati Art MuseumDates: Fri. May 5, 6-9 p.m.Cost: $5 in advance. $10 at the door. Free parking.
Cinco de Nada (Downtown)
What: Kick off summer at Cinco de Nada on Friday, May 5, from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. An outdoor party will take over the plaza at 600 Walnut Street with Nadaritas, pastor tacos, frozen drinks, tequila shots and classic Mexican beers from multiple bars. Local craft brews will dished out by the can, including Rhinegeist's Margarita Monday and Burrito. Live DJs will spin from the rooftop and a photobooth on the ground will fuel the party vibe. All proceeds from the plaza bash will be donated to Project Blues to raise awareness and funding for people impacted by cancer.
Dates: Friday, May 5, 3:00 pm to Saturday, May 6, 1:00 am
Cinco de Mayo at Five Points Alley (Walnut Hills)
What: Come celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Heidelberg and Gomez Salsa in Five Points Alley! *Live music all night long featuring Fathead Davis and Matt Schneider*Beer Truck and Margaritas*Free Face Painting*Special Cinco de Mayo Menu from Gomez Salsa
Where: Five Points Alley - 2425 Gilbert Ave Cincinnati, OH
Dates: Friday, May 5, 5:00 pm to Saturday, May 6, 1:00 amCost: Ticket booths for food and alcohol $5/ticket.
Cinco De Mayo Street Party (Dayton)
What: Join El Meson for Cinco De Mayo with live music, street food, drink specials, dancing and tons of fun outdoors! Charitable Partner: Pink Ribbon GirlsFood and drink specials: $4 Margaritas, $2 Tacos and $1 Domestic Beers from 2pm - 7pmLive Music:Michael Riley4 - 7pmFunky G & The Groove Machine7:30pm - 10:30pmFood Trucks:We'll have our fleet of food trucks on site serving up a variety of El Meson favorites and specials!Where: El Meson - West Carollton, OhioDates: Friday, May 5th 2pm - 11pmCost: $5 at door
It’s also Flying Pig Weekend & The Derby - check out more event ideas at yelp.com/events
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo - BOOKMARK THESE ON YOUR YELP MOBILE APP!
Type in: Margarita, Tacos, Enchiladas, Salsa - whatever Mexican cuisine you’re craving into the Yelp app and it will find the best near you!
Tortilleria Garcia (Springdale)
- Built on a family tradition brought from Mexico to the United States, they provide
everything you are looking for in a Mexican food experience: fresh, handmade corn tortillas, well-made meats, wholesome veggies, salsa and toppings, and the quaint environment itself. If you've never had a freshly made tortilla, you need to come to Tortilleria Garcia and experience the difference!
- They stick to the basics and perfect it, with a limited menu of tacos, burritos, sides, and chips/salsa. It's all traditional, simple, and fresh toppings done right.
- TIP: on Tuesday’s their tacos are only $1!!!!! TACO TUESDAY!
- You can really can your bang for a buck here, all platters costing between $6-$8 and they all come LOADED with delicious ingredients.
La Mexicana (Newport)
Pick up fresh ingredients for your own mexican feast at home or enjoy a huge array of awesome fresh Mexican cuisine. Known for their diverse taco menu.
- Frida 602 (Covington)Get your mezcal on here! They have traditional or cocktails, and they are all delcious!
Gomez Salsa (OTR + Walnut Hills)
- What's better than a turtle from Gomez Salsa's walk-up window in OTR? A turtle where
you can wait inside, sit down to enjoy it, and have a beer, sangria, or margarita to
accompany it, that's what.
- Their new Walnut Hills location is a twist on the original. They have a full bar and offer
the same high quality fresh food, but you can order your turtle or tacos "Gomez" style or
another style that suits your tastes.
- Gomez also does catering - “Build your own taco bar” party anyone?
- One thing you will notice (and need to try) is the salsa bar! It's set up in the corner and is
one of the best things about Mazunte. You get fresh fried tortillas that you break into chips for your salsa. They have several different kinds and you should definitely sample them all. Definitely try the green salsa, which has lots of lime.
- The real star is the food. The fish tacos are to die for. They are the perfect portion and have the freshest flavor.
- Throw in a steak or pork taco too, just to mix it up.
- Do yourself a favor and just get everything. Honestly, you won't regret it, especially if you're sharing.
- Go for the margs but stay for their thick, fried chips that perfectly paired with their light
guac. You’ll definitely be in for multiple refills (of both).
- Their drink and food menu does rotate with the seasons.
- Their standard, go-to classic marg is the NADARITA: tequila, triple sec, lime juice, honey
and a salted rim. This marg can also be ordered by the glass or liter.
- Go during Happy Hour and get ahold of some $5 margs!