EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
Streetcar Pub Crawl (Downtown)
What: It's January, the Bengals aren't making the superbowl, Trump is now the President of theUnited States, and you need to wear that ugly sweater mom bought you for Christmas. What agreat excuse to start drinking! Plan is to meet at O'Malley's/Blind Pig around 6-7pm, then grab a$2 ticket to ride the streetcar to every bar on the map. Street car runs till 1am.Where: The Blind PigDates: Saturday, Jan 21, 6:30 pm to Sunday, Jan 22, 1:00 amCost: $2 tickets to get on the streetcar
First Date (OTR)
What: When blind date newbie Aaron is set up with serial-dater Casey, a casual drink at a busyNew York restaurant turns into an uproarious high-stakes dinner when other restaurant patronstransform into supportive best friends, manipulative exes, and protective parents, who sing anddance them through ice-breakers, appetizers, and potential conversational land mines. Can thiscouple turn what could be a dating disaster into something special before the check arrives?Where: Ensemble TheaterDates: Tuesday, Jan 17, 7:30 pm to Sunday, Feb 5, 2:00 pmCost: $28 - $44
Sports and Boat Show (Downtown)
What: IT IS THE SECOND AND FINAL WEEKEND OF THIS YEAR’S SPORTS AND BOATSHOW. The Cincinnati Travel, Sports & Boat Show® Presented by RAM ®.....60 years and stillturning pages! We're all about playing on the water, playing over water, playing in the water, andplaying around the water!Where: Duke Energy Convention CenterDates: Thursday, Jan 18th to Sunday, Jan 22nd (Check Yelp Events Page for all times)Cost: $10 online, $12 at door
BEST BARS WITH GAMES - BOOKMARK THESE ONYOUR YELP MOBILE APP!
16-Bit Bar + Arcade (OTR)
- Take yourself back down memory lane of gaming but now you are an adult and you can
drink while you play - and the in-house cocktails are all a must try.
- OVER 50 CLASSICS ON THE FLOOR. Whether it's Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Street
Fighter, or Tapper...
- They have a great craft beer selection, and fun game themed cocktails to pair with your
game. The games are free with drink purchases, and they also allow you to bring in yourown food since food is not served in house. Only $$ you will need is for all the drinks andif you are wanting to play pinball. 50cents per play!
The Rook OTR (OTR)
- A HUGE board game library, fun homemade game food, and cocktails that come with
sparkles and candy jewelry.
- There's so many classic games to choose from including Sorry, Operation, Life, Clue,
Monopoly, Connect 4, and dozens more. The board games are free to play with theexpectation you will drink and eat - yes they have a food menu!
- HalfCut has people queue up like they would in a deli or coffee shop. The beerista fills a
22-ounce bomber or 32- or 64-ounce growler from one of 16 rotating taps or create acustomized six-pack from the assortment of 25 to 35 bottles they have to take home oryou can order a beer by the glass to drink at the bar.
- You can place an order and they will deliver beer or wine to your next party.
- Pro Tip: Gomez Salsa delivers to HalfCut, so you don't even have to wait in line!
- There are a lot of board games to play and plenty of beers to try! Order a "turtle" from
Gomez, a beer from the bar, and they will deliver your food to you while you’re in themiddle of an intense round of Jenga.
Fries Cafe (Clifton)
- Fries (pronounced Freeze) Cafe located on Jefferson ave near the gaslight district is as
divey dive as they come.
- There are a couple of rooms that compile what is Fries Cafe. The first door you walk into
is the hallway which leads to the main bar area or you can go down into the dungeon pool hall. Past the bar room us the shuffleboard board room which makes for a super fun and competitive night.- Yes, Fries Cafe closed its doors under some rather unfortunate circumstances, despite its popularity but they have reopened and are ready for your night night out of brews,pool, shuffleboard, and darts.
Game Time Sports Bar & Grill (Cheviot)
- They offer a ton of games which include: air hockey, basketball, shuffleboard, darts, and
even sand volleyball in a gigantic space.
- The selection of beers on draft was impressive, and there was a really good mix of the
"big brewers" as well as local brewers/microbrewers.
- Plenty of bars, there are 3 inside and 1 outside, tons of TV's and perfect place for a day
of football, games, and beers.