CVG has lowest airfares in region
Passengers paying $250 less per ticket than four years ago
Erlanger, Ky. (January 16, 2018) – The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for third quarter 2017, and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is again the lowest fare airport in the region. Among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports, CVG ranked #83, the best ranking achieved by CVG since the report was first published in 1995.
Overall, airfares at CVG have dropped 46 percent in the last five years.
“CVG has the lowest fares in the Tri-State because of the incredible positive response from the community,” said Candace McGraw, chief executive officer, CVG. “As our passenger traffic increases, and airline competition increases, airfares go down. CVG passengers are paying on average $250 less per ticket than they were four years ago.”
Below is a summary of the report as it relates to CVG:
· CVG average fare ranked #83 compared to #44 in 3Q 2016, an improvement of 39 positions
· CVG average fare of $301 decreased 19% compared to $371 in 3Q 2016. National average fares decreased only 4%. CVG’s percentage decrease was nearly five times better than national average.
· Regional comparisons:
- CVG ranked #83 – average fare $301
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #61 – average fare $335
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #45 – average fare $353
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #21 – average fare $395
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #20 – average fare $400
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #10 – average fare $419
In 2017, and so far in 2018, CVG launched 11 new routes (Providence/Boston, Raleigh/Durham, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, New York City, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Denver, Chicago, Baltimore/Washington), and announced an additional eight domestic routes (Charleston, Sarasota, Phoenix,, San Jose, Austin, San Antonio, Jacksonville, Raleigh/Durham), and new international service with WOW Air, all that will start in spring 2018.
CVG offers more nonstop destinations than any airport in the region, including direct international service to Paris, Iceland, Toronto, Cancun, Cozumel, Montego Bay, Grand Bahama Island and Punta Cana. CVGairport.com is your award-winning, travel-planning resource with flight status, security wait times, parking availability and weather.
CVG is a top 10 cargo airport in North America, and home to one of three global super-hubs for DHL and Amazon Air’s cargo hub. The airport is recognized globally as a leading U.S. airport by SkyTrax World Airport Awards. CVG is the only airport in the country to receive Safety Act Designation and Certification from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), giving the airport the highest level of protections under the Act.