( Cincinnati ) - City Councilman PG Sittenfeld on Monday posted a video to thank his supporters and again assert his innocence in the wake of federal charges being filed against him last week.
Sittenfeld is charged with bribery and more for allegedly taking $40,000 from a developer and secretly putting it into a political action committee he controls. His attorney says there was nothing nefarious about Sittenfeld's actions and that everything has been properly reported. Attorney Charlie Rittgers also says federal agents made misleading statements when announcing the case against Sittenfeld.
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, meantime, is asking the Ohio Supreme Court to have Sittenfeld suspended from council while his case plays out in court.