Xavier University in Cincinnati has released its plan to resume in-person classes this August, after the COVID-19 pandemic sent students home earlier this spring to complete their studies online.
Here is a brief list of key dates from Fall 2020 schedule.
Classes will begin one week later than previously scheduled.
- TENTATIVE COMMENCEMENT* Saturday, August 8 at Cintas Center (needs to be confirmed)
- MOVE IN/ORIENTATION week of August 10
- FIRST DAY OF CLASSES Monday, August 17
- LABOR DAY Monday, September 7
- (classes will be held)
- NO CLASSES (Spirit Celebration) Tuesday, September 15
- NO FALL BREAK
- (Classes WILL be held) Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9
- NO CLASSES (mid-semester break) Wednesday, Oct 21
- ELECTION DAY REMOTE CLASSES Tuesday, November 3
- FINAL DAY OF CLASSES Tuesday, November 24
- RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE Wednesday, November 25
- FINALS (REMOTE EXAMS ONLY) Monday, November 30 to Friday, December 4