Cov Cath's Nick Sandmann Returning to the March for Life


A tweet from Nick Sandmann who is a senior at Covington Catholic High School says he is "counting the days" to the next March for Life in Washington. The anti-abortion protest is tomorrow(Friday 1/24/2020) and it looks like Sandmann is planning to be there. Cov Cath is once again sending students on buses to the event despite the controversy that followed last year's visit.

On his Twitter page, Sandmann writes that he returned to Washington DC last week on the 1 year anniversary of the incident that put him in the headlines.

"Exactly one year ago today, Nathan Phillips approached after the March For Life in Washington, D.C. Today I stood in the exact same spot I had year ago and did my first fair interview compared to the setup @ NBC. I won’t ever be bullied or surrender. Thanks for all your support."

Sandmann recently settled a defamation lawsuit filed against CNN over their coverage of him and has several other suits pending against other national media outlets. His attorneys say that Sandmann has been the worst victim of cyber bullying in American history.

Newsradio 700WLW's Bill Cunningham says he has received emails from Cov Cath parents who disagree with the schools decision to once again attend the March for Life in Washington. They fear that the students will be targeted for harassment because of what happened during last years trip. It isn't clear if the school will discourage students from wearing clothing that identifies them as Cov Cath students or the MAGA hats that were criticized last year.

Newsradio 700WLW's Scott Sloan asked the local Archdiocese to come on his show and discuss how they would handle students attending the March this year and they declined the interview request. The director of Media Relations for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati did release this statement:

"We have no changes in procedures for those attending the March for Life. We believe that our existing procedures are sufficient to avoid a situation such as the one that occurred last year. We continue to advocate for the sanctity and inviolability of every human life from conception to natural death."

This year for the first time President Trump is set to address the March for Life Rally in person. No other sitting President has ever attended the event in it's 47 year history. There have been a number of posts on Twitter encouraging the President to bring Nick Sandmann up on stage with him.