(Cincinnati, OH) - This coming weekend will bring big traffic problems for people driving on I-71 north of downtown Cincinnati.
The Ohio Department of Transportation plans more paving work on I-71 northbound beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, November 1.It will run through late Sunday, November 3. The work was postponed last weekend because of the weather.
ODOT says crrews will be milling and paving a second section of I-71 northbound between the Norwood Lateral and Stewart Road. Throughout the weekend there will be various lane closures in effect:
- One lane of I-71 northbound will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. Friday.
- The ramp from eastbound SR 562/Norwood Lateral will be closed at approximately 9 p.m. Friday.
- A second lane of the northbound I-71 mainline will be closed at 10 p.m. Friday, and all traffic will be shifted to the contraflow lane and maintained in a single lane until noon Saturday. (Following this and continuing through Sunday evening, traffic will be maintained in two lanes, with one lane of traffic on the mainline and one in the contraflow.)
- The exit ramp to northbound Ridge Avenue will be closed Friday night through noon Saturday.
- The on-ramp from Kennedy Avenue to I-71 North will be closed Friday night through Saturday afternoon.
- The on/off-ramps at Red Bank Expressway and I-71 North will be closed Friday night through Sunday evening.
- Two lanes of traffic will be restored on northbound I-71 mainline, and the ramp from SR 562 eastbound will be reopened late Sunday.
The schedule for lane and ramp closures is subject to change and all work will be contingent upon the weather.