Tomorrow afternoon FC Cincinati will be staging a groundbreaking for the new MLS stadium in the West End. Here is the advisory shared by the club:
PLEASE NOTE: This is an active construction site and we will be digging into sandy dirt and soil. With this weekend’s rain, please be prepared with boot-type footwear or shoes you will not be worried may get dirty/wet. This is a rain or shine event and we do not have tenting for the attendees outside of those on stage.
- The groundbreaking will be held at 4pm on the former Stargel Stadium site, gates open at 3pm.
- 1441 Central Ave., Cincinnati, OH
- Former Cincinnati Mayor and current FCC Director of Community Engagement Mark Mallory will serve as our emcee
- We have a slate of speakers and guests:
- Mark Mallory, former Mayor of Cincinnati & FCC Director of Community Engagement – emcee & host
- Jeff Berding – FCC President & General Manager
- Carl H. Lindner III – Managing Owner
- Don Garber – MLS Commissioner
- Major John Cranley
- Keith Blake – President, West End Community Council
- Denise Driehaus - Board VP, Hamilton County Commission
- Ericka Copeland-Dansby, VP, Cincinnati Public Schools Board of Education
- Laura Brunner – President and CEO, The Port
- David Spaulding, Turner Construction & Dan Meis, Meis Architecture
- After our speakers, we will bring the participants on stage down to the formal “groundbreaking” box in front of the stage and also bring in our local construction and architecture partners’ representatives and some neighborhood children who will also participate with them, and then signal all attendees to “break ground” at the same time as the formal “groundbreaking” picture is being taken up front.
The club asks that visitors do not park on residential streets in the West End and use surrounding garages.