( Cincinnati ) - Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac gave an update Thursday afternoon on the mass shooting on Fountain Square.
The gunman has been identified as 29-year-old Omar Enrique Santa Perez. Chief Isaac says he had a 9mm pistol, multiple magazines, and about 200 rounds of ammunition. The gun appears to have been purchased legally.
As far as motive goes, nothing has been determined. The Chief says officers and Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies have been searching the suspect's home in North Bend, Ohio. So far they have found no indication that Perez had an accomplices, and he has no known ties to organized terror groups. Fifth Third has said he is neither a former nor a current employee of theirs.
The Hamilton County Coroner has started to identify the victims. The three people who were killed are now being named:
- 25-year-old Pruthvi Raj Kandepi
- 64-year-old Richard Newcomer
- 48-year-old Luis Felipe Calderon
Posting on Facebook, Dr Lakshmi Sammarco says she met one of the victims at Cincinnati's Hindu temple.
Police are expected to give more information in another news conference Friday.