From FC Cincinnati.....
CINCINNATI – FC Cincinnati dropped a 2-0 decision to the New England Revolution on Sunday night at Nippert Stadium, wrapping up a span of three games in nine days.
FC Cincinnati (5-15-2, 17 pts.) were denied by New England goalkeeper Matt Turner a total of seven times. The New England Revolution (8-8-6, 30 pts.) extended their unbeaten streak to 10 games after Carles Gil put them ahead in the first and Antonio Delamea extended the lead to 2-0 in the second half.
FC Cincinnati’s next game will come on Saturday, July 27 when FCC visit Toronto FC at BMO Field.
- With today’s loss, the Orange and Blue fall to 5-15-2 through 22 MLS matches … in addition, FC Cincinnati fall to 3-6-1 in home contests … FC Cincinnati’s all-time, all-competition record against New England Revolution sits at 1-1-0 … Cincinnati is now 3-8-1 against Eastern Conference opponents
- Fanendo Adi made his first MLS start since June 6 … the forward had made three consecutive substitute appearances prior to tonight’s contest … Adi played the full 90 minutes and finished with two shots, both on target
- Darren Mattocks made his 175th MLS appearance in tonight’s match … the forward trails only Eric Alexander for most MLS appearances (218) among FC Cincinnati players … it was Mattocks’ first appearance for the Orange and Blue since June 1 at Colorado … Mattocks missed four MLS matches while with Jamaica for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup
- FC Cincinnati tied their single-match high with seven shots on goal … the Orange and Blue previously registered seven shots on goal against Portland on March 17 and against Houston on July 6
- Tonight’s match snapped FC Cincinnati’s four-match goal scoring streak … goals in four consecutive matches tied the previous mark, which the club set in its first four matches of the season
- Interim Head Coach Yoann Damet made three changes to the starting lineup from FC Cincinnati’s most recent match against D.C. United on July 18 …Nick Hagglund, Caleb Stanko and Fanendo Adi shifted into the starting lineup, while Emmanuel Ledesma, Rashawn Dally and Justin Hoyte were dropped … tonight’s lineup is FC Cincinnati’s 21st unique lineup of the season … the only two instances FCC have had the same starting XI was on March 10 and March 17
- Fatai Alashe (hamstring) and Greg Garza (calf) were unavailable for selection because of injury