Student Victim Awarded $2.1M In Damages After His Affair With His Teacher

A San Diego school district has to pay a former student $2.1 million after he was sexually abused by one of his teachers. Toni Sutton, a Spanish teacher and volleyball coach, plead guilty in June of 2016 to two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and one count of oral copulation with a minor. She and the victim had an illicit affair for seven months before being discovered by Sutton's boyfriend in their home. Sutton is serving a two year prison sentence while her victim sued the San Diego Unified School District claiming negligence, a jury ruled in his favor Wednesday awarding him $2.1 million in damages. The SDUSD spokesperson told reporters that the district will pay 40% of the settlement; Sutton will be responsible for the other 60% of the settlement.

 
 
 
Bill Cunningham

Bill Cunningham

Hear Bill Cunningham weekdays and Sunday nights! Read more

title

Content Goes Here