The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for fourth quarter 2017. The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) is once again the lowest fare airport in the region.
Below is a summary of the results related to CVG:
· CVG average fare ranked #76 compared to #42 in 4Q 2016, an improvement of 34 positions
· CVG average fare of $324 decreased 13% compared to $375 in 4Q 2016. National average fares decreased only 2%. CVG’s percentage decrease was seven times better than national average.
· CVG passengers are paying on average $215 less per ticket than four years ago.
· Regional comparisons:
- CVG ranked #76 – average fare $324
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked #55 – average fare $349
- Columbus (CMH) ranked #49 – average fare $358
- Louisville (SDF) ranked #26 – average fare $391
- Dayton (DAY) ranked #25 – average fare $396
- Lexington (LEX) ranked #8 – average fare $433
So far in 2018, CVG has launched seven new routes (San Jose, San Antonio, Charleston, Sarasota, Austin, Jacksonville and Raleigh/Durham), and will launch six new routes this spring/fall (Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Bahama Island; Denver via Southwest; Austin via Delta and Phoenix via Delta) including international service with WOW air beginning May 10th.