(Cincinnati, OH) - A majority of Cincinnati City council members, some who did not make a statement Saturday after learning of City Manager Harry Black signing a $393,000 resignation deal, banded together to release a joint statement about the separation agreement on Sunday.
Council members Tamaya Dennard, PG Sittenfeld, Greg Landsman, Wendell Young, and Chris Seelbach released the following message.
"Our position has not changed We do not support an increased buyout or believe that is responsible to the taxpayers. We reinterate our call for a ceasefire, and we remain committed to the thoughtful, fair, transparent next steps we have previously laid out. Let's collect the needed facts quickly and calmly. We believe in a collaborative process, an look forward to working through this with all steakholders."
Statement from the majority of Cincinnati City Council in light of yesterday's news. pic.twitter.com/frtfCqaqpa— Chris Seelbach (@ChrisSeelbach) March 18, 2018
Vice Mayor Christopher Smitherman told 700WLW on Saturday that he supports the deal and said the 18-month agreement is a positive development for the city.
Smitherman said the Law and Public Safety Committee will vote on the deal Monday in their meeting at 10 a.m.
If it passes the full council will vote on the deal on Wednesday.