( Cincinnati ) - Outgoing Mayor Mark Mallory got a letter from the Federal Transit Administration saying that if the streetcar project is stopped now, the city will have to repay all federal money.
That federal money accounts for $45 million of the $132 million total cost of the project. According to Federal Transit Administrator Peter Rogoff, the city has spent or committed $116 million so far.
Rogoff says "FTA and TIGER funds de-obligated from this Project will not be available to the City of Cincinnati for other projects."
Mayor-Elect John Cranley says he wants streetcar construction to stop immediately, even though he doesn't take office until December 1.
Read the letter from Rogoff here ---> View Document